Wednesday, November 11, 2015

5 Days Tubeless, and Counting Up to 14

I was under the impression that I needed to get some official starting date for my attempt to stop using the PEG tube and that the PA would need to monitor my weight.  Turns out it was a self-monitoring deal, which I learned after four days of not using the tube for any feeding.  I still need to flush it with water every day, but that doesn't count against me.

So, yesterday was my fifth straight day of eating only orally.  If I can keep that up, my 14th day will be November 19th.  My weight has stayed steady for the last 5 days, but in order to do that I have to be very mindful of calories and be sure to eat every bite in front of me, even if it takes a long time.

If I can make it to the 14 straight days on Nov. 19th, I can then keep going through the Thanksgiving holiday and hope to have the tube removed in early December.

So, please send good vibes, and any calorie-dense foods you can deliver to me safely--I'll take care of the ice cream, quiche, pie, etc. on this end.

By the way, my Grateful Red Chili won 1st place last week in the Chomp & Stomp cookoff in ATL, with nearly 100 entries.

Life is Good!

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Great to know "life is good"!
    Congratulations on your recent chilli award!
    I am sure you have Googled for "rich" food:)

    ReplyDelete