Monday, October 12, 2015

A False Alarm and Cramming for my Swallow Test

About 6 weeks ago I felt a very tender spot  in the right side of my mouth, and flicked out a tiny piece of dead bone. It was on the taurus--that bit of bone that protrudes out inside some people's mouth.  I happen to have very prominent tauri. I thought nothing of it until a second spot occurred right after that, a bit bigger than the first.  What crossed my mind then was that ORN was starting on the right side of my mouth.

We got a fast appointment with Dr. Roser, who examined the exposed bone and said that its location is not cause for concern.  Apparently, the soft bone of the taurus makes it a likely candidate for exposed bone--yet another lingering after effect from the radiation treatments.  It may look like ORN, but really isn't.  So, we came away very relieved.  But, with all we've been through, even a false alarm is not a good thing.

Next up--my swallow test on Wednesday.  I've been doing my exercises and eating a bit more food orally to get extra work on my swallowing mechanisms.  At one point I was not optimistic, but lately think that I'll do OK.  No green chili cheeseburgers any time soon, but with all the food I've eaten orally lately--and no problems--I might be able to start shifting more of my eating away from liquid chicken.

Please send Good Vibes for Wednesday, and I'll post as soon as I can.

Mike

3 comments:

  1. Mung bean soup with little rice provides enough nutrition for quick recovery!
    All the best for upcoming sallowing test on this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mung bean soup with little rice provides enough nutrition for quick recovery!
    All the best for upcoming sallowing test on this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krish. Things like bean soup will be a big part of my diet in the short term.

      Delete