Friday, October 16, 2015

1 Day Without Liquid Chicken

Without really planning to, I went the whole day yesterday with no liquid chicken.  Terry made me pancakes for my Birthday Breakfast--lots of butter and lots of syrup, but if that's what it takes, I'll do it ;)

A fruit blend for lunch, and a yogurt snack when I got home.  Then, for dinner the best thing I've eaten since June 18th--quiche with green chilis in it!  I can't eat the crust yet and it's not a green chili cheeseburger by any stretch, but it was delicious in its own way.

Then, of course, the obligatory 2 glasses of wine while watching the Falcons get the crap beat out of them by the Saints.

(Funny story from the doctor's visit the other day.  The intern examined my mouth and asked me what I had for breakfast that morning--grape juice? Gatorade? He said that my tongue was purple.  I told him, Nope--red wine.  He paused a bit and I then told him I had it the night before--not for breakfast.  He laughed.)  Hey, cancer survivor's humor...

This is not the start of my two weeks to get by without using the feeding tube, but it did show that I can shift more of my eating from the tube to oral feeding--and maybe faster than I thought.

Mike





2 comments: