Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Working the Plan

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post, so I thought I'd catch you up.  Well, nothing to report.

I'm doing my swallowing exercises on a daily basis, almost always getting in the 5 sets they want me to do.  I've finally found the one good thing about dealing with ATL traffic to and from work--waiting at red lights gives me a chance to do my exercises without being distracted from my driving.

I have started to make more blended meals (I don't use the trendy s-word) and enjoy them a lot.  We went out to dinner last night and I had a big bowl of pureed Mexican chicken soup--definitely the most enjoyable meal I've had since June 18th.

The biggest challenge with eating anything other than my liquid chicken is figuring out how well I'm doing with my daily nutrition.  For all its lack of appeal, three meals a day of liquid chicken gives me exactly what I need for calories and nutrients.  If I substitute for it with blended food, it becomes a guessing game.  So as much as I'd like to eat more orally, I am sticking to liquid chicken for the majority of my meals.

Please keep the Good Vibes coming, and add some extra ones to get the damn rain to stop here!

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment