Monday, July 13, 2015

On Hold in the Vortex

No word yet when the PEG tube will be inserted.  We were told it would be this week, but that seems to be a fading chance.

The trach is scheduled to be taken out on Wednesday, but that could be pushed back to be done the same time as the PEG tube--they might need the trach in to use as the breathing airway for the PEG tube procedure.

It's been really hot here, so there have been few opportunities to get out for walks in the mornings, before the heat and humidity make that impossible.  And, with needing about 5 hours a day for feeding and wound care, I am housebound way more than I'd like to be.  In fact, I'm bored shitless in the current vortex of Cancer World.  I can work a little, but my typing is limited due to the splint on my left arm.

What I really need is a very large "Breaking News" story on CNN--one that will last and stay interesting for several days.Where's the OJ trial when you really need it?

Once the PEG tube is in, and the trach comes out, I'll have more options, but for now, I am stuck in a long cycle of "Ground Hog Days" here at home.

More when the cycle changes...

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Sending good thoughts, prayers and healing vibes your way. You are one tough customer, Mike. Keep fighting the good fight!
    All the very best to you,
    Wendy Mustain
    (Tech '86-'87)

    ReplyDelete