Sunday, July 5, 2015

Need Team Mike Good Vibes for Tomorrow

As we've learned, progress in my healing is not measured by time.  It's measured by the removal of various "leftovers" that remain in or attached to my body following each surgery.  Some of this year's leftovers have been removed alreday, but three big ones are scheduled for removal tomorrow--the dreaded nasal feeding tube, the trach, and the countless stitches and surgical staples in my arm, neck, jaw, and mouth.

The stitches are not in question for tomorrow--they are ready for removal.  However, the status of the nasal tube and trach depend on on well I do in a standard swallow test.  If I do well on that, those things come out and I can start the progression of eating orally, even though I will have very limited options for weeks to come.  (I even paid attention to a TV ad for Ninja blenders yesterday).

So, please send your very best Good Vibes that things go well tomorrow and I will walk out of the doc's office tube-less, trach-less, and stitch-free.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment