Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas, Good News about Jerry, and Book in Progress

It's 10am on Christmas Eve in Atlanta, and we are having unseasonably warm and stormy weather.  It's going to be mid-70s today with a tornado warning in effect, be in the high 70s for Christmas, and stay in the 70s for several days after. 

Many of you know about Terry's hand-painted annual holiday cards, but for those who don't, I scanned and inserted this year's card--a great multi-media image of Good Vibes with a bit of snow on it and under the rare Christmas full "Cold Moon" we'd be seeing, if it weren't 100% clouded over.  This won't happen again until 2034--I'm planning on being alive for it at 82, but might need some help finding it in the night sky, and remembering it the next day.

The idea behind the card is to celebrate our second best kind of Cancer Revenge ever--a place we can get away to and share with family and friends for years to come.  The best revenge of all, obviously, is surviving the Prairie Dogs for 7 years--all with such great support from Team Mike.

Team Mike came through again this week.  We learned yesterday that our friend Jerry had his surgery on Monday and is resting in the hospital.  We were told that the doctors think the surgery was so successful that he won't need chemo or radiation as followups.  Personally, I'm hoping he's back on his feet and working soon--I need a haircut.

However you say it, and however you celebrate it, please accept my thanks for helping me to see another Holiday Season as a cancer survivor.  FYI, I am going to write a book in 2016 about my journey through Cancer World, and I want Team Mike to be a big part of our story.  So, be on the lookout for requests to think back about how you contributed to the team effort along the way, so I can give you the credit you deserve--well, everyone except Nurse Kimmie, who will get her just reward.

Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment