Monday, July 14, 2014

Green Chili Cheeseburgers are Back! Need good vibes for Steve

I passed a significant milepost today in my recovery from the jaw surgery.  I was able to eat most of a green chili cheeseburger at the Grindhouse!.  I can't take in a full bite so had to nibble around the edges, go very slow, and wash down every bite.  But I did manage to eat about three quarters of it, along with a few onion rings--so life is good!

In other signs of progress, I am still making a shift from mostly liquid foods to mostly solid foods, but need to make sure I keep my daily calorie count up so I don't lose any more weight.  The way I figure it, green chili cheeseburgers and onion rings are medicinal at this point, so no reason to slow down on them.

Since several months before my jaw surgery I have been in contact with Steve from California, who was tracking his own ORN development a little behind mine.  I met Steve on the Cancer Survivor's Network and we have exchanged emails and phone calls along the way.  He is scheduled for his own mandibular resecting at the end of July--and his procedure will be very much like mine.  This is a call for Team Mike to send him our best Good Vibes.  I can only hope that he comes through with no complications, and gets on the road to recovery faster than I did.  We have promised to get together sometime in the future to have a beer, and to share...you guessed it, a green chili cheeseburger!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment