Thursday, June 19, 2014

PICC line is out!

The homecare nurse came last evening and took out the PICC line for the IV meds.  While the line weighed very little, it felt like a ton had been lifted from my arm--and our daily schedule.  We are no longer tied to the 3 times a day routine and have already gone to bed earlier and slept a little later the last two nights.

As I said, progress is measured not by time, but by the removal of each line, drain, bandage, etc. that came home with me from the hospital.  The only thing that's left now is the brace and compression hose for my left leg.  I am going to PT twice a week and do some simple exercises at home daily.  The PT prognosis is good to recover most or all of the movement in my left foot, but it will take several months.

So, Team Mike can take another bow for all the help and love you've sent our way, and stand down a bit from this past 7 weeks of extra Good Vibes.  I'll continue to post regularly, so check in when you can--more funny and not-so-funny stories from my stay in the hospital coming soon.

mike



No comments:

Post a Comment