Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Encouraging News from the Radiation Oncologist

In our weekly consult with the radiation oncologist this morning, he told us that while he can't actually see the tumor in the X-ray pictures they take every day, he does see some signs that it's shrinking. Mike's overall level of pain has lowered a bit in that area, which would confirm that observation.

He also said that Mike's side effects are well within the range of expectations at this stage of treatment. As always, with the qualifying "So far..."

mike and terry

5 comments:

  1. "some signs that it's shrinking and level of pain has lowered a bit" is music to all our ears. Keep doing what you are doing, Mike. It all seems to be working for you!! I continue to pray for you and Terry.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Crystal sent your blog site to me. I hope you don't mind. I'm very thankful that your treatment is working. Remember, "This too shall pass". An excellent book to have is 50 Essential Things to Do for Cancer by Greg Anderson. He also has a web site that is really good - Cancer Recovery Foundation. You may find these two resources helpful. Please know that I keep you and your family in my prayers. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.

    Candy Brunell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mike and Terry

    I'm glad to hear ‘some signs that it's shrinking’.
    I'm sure your treatment goes smoothly.
    I look forward to seeing you on April.Then, I will take Omamori(talisman)with me.

    Hiro

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news, Mike! Chris and I continue to pray that you would be healed and that you and Terry would have the strength to get through this. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mike,
    Keep up the great work! Shrinking tumors are the only way to go! Stay positive and keep fighting. You are doing great -- and that is the best kind of news.
    hang tough,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete