Monday, August 8, 2016

Report from the Post-Surgical Ward

As I was slowly coming out of my propofol-induced coma from the surgery I'm looking at the TV in my room and think I hear:

Today, newly-elected President Donald Trump announced that the military invasion of Mexico is going well.  He was quoted as saying, "Since those Mexicans wouldn't pay for my wall, the only option I had was to invade them to secure our borders from their drug dealers, criminals and rapists.  I think this should do it. The 13 million or so illegal Mexicans can now stay here and do the work real Americans don't want. We don't need to send them back anymore because Mexico will soon become our 51st state (But without voting rights, of course).  I also think this will act as a deterrent to our neighbors to the North--so Canada, you have been warned and I'll be sending you the bill for your wall later this year. It's  either that or become our 52nd state."

Trump was also quoted as saying "Looking to my next coronation, I mean my re-election, this is also a warning to any state that voted for Crooked Hillary in 2016. I will invade you if I need to. I want to win this thing unanimously next time."

That sent my blood pressure cuff and heart monitor into full tilt, which got the attention of Dr. Roser nearby.  I told him what I just heard, and he said it was just the meds wearing off--and he understood my reaction.  He said the procedure went well.  The best news is that the removed torus was all healthy bone--no sign of ORN, and the skin looked healthy enough for good healing.  So, fingers crossed that the tissue heals on its own, and the next step will be to let Dr. Davis do his magic with the denture.

I'm back home now, drinking a smoothie, and looking forward to a nice nap.  I'll be on soft foods for a while, but should be back in full swing tomorrow.

Thanks as always to Team Mike for your support, and note to self--do not watch CNN while still in a propofol fog.

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Very glad to hear things went well and that the healing process is going to be rapid for you!
    Some of the people from my class got together last weekend at the Hibernian's club (old Roxy on East State St). Some you may remember... Steve and Anne Slavin, Terry and Nancy Flynn, Tom and Beth O'Connell Billy Martin, Dan Dougherty, Dominic Salvatori.... I know we were just "kids" to you 45 years ago but thought a blast from the past might bring a little laughter... Continue the rapid recovery!!!!

    ReplyDelete