Sunday, August 16, 2015

Next Swallow Test This Week -- Need Good Vibes

I have my next swallow test this Thursday.  I know I'll do better than the last one, but not sure if it will be good enough to get the OK to start on soft foods again.  I have been working on my swallowing with the exercises I was given, and by drinking some Boost and a pale ale every once in a while.  I know I can swallow liquids pretty well (I have lots of experience with pale ales)--it's a matter of none of the liquid going down my wind pipe to risk aspirating and a possible pneumonia.

So, while I'm practicing in the next few days with more pale ales, I need Team Mike to send some Good Vibes that I can pass this test well enough to start back on soft foods.  That would still put me many weeks away from being able to sustain myself enough to have the PEG tube taken out, but it's the first step in that direction.

I'll post as soon as I can after the test.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment