Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Yes, I'd Like to Make a Reservation...

"Hello, Emory University Hospital and Clinic.  How may I help you?"

"My name is Mike Metzler and I'd like to make a reservation.  I need my usual table for 1 with a wait staff of 30 in the Emory Midtown OR Suite for Friday, June 19th.  You know, the really cold room with all the lights...Is it available?"

"Of course it is, Mr. Metzler.  We were expecting your call.  Mr Sejak from Wheel of Fortune told us you are a recent 'winner' on the show, and that we should give you the Deluxe SFL Package for your visit with us.Will you be needing a hospital room after your OR experience?"

"Duh ... I mean, yes.  Do  you have a room on the second floor open for the next 5-7 days?"

"Let me check Emoryhospitalrooms.com for availability and rates.  One moment, please..

...thank you for waiting, Mr. Metzler.  We do have a room for those nights, and we'll add an extra 4-5 nights, for you know--SFL."

"Great, I'll take it.  What's the rate?"

"My ballpark estimate will be about $50,000, all inclusive.  Just bring your jammies.  How would you like to pay for that?"

"Just put it on my tab and send the bill to Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia"

"Will do.  Can I get anything else for you at this time, Mr. Metzler?"

"No, thanks--that's enough for one day"


No comments:

Post a Comment