Sunday, February 23, 2014

Brother, Can You Spare a Vicodin?

We did some touring this weekend to a central Canterbury town called Lake Tekapo, with ice-blue lakes, Mount Cook, and some of the best start gazing in the world.  We were not disappointed.  The weather was great, Mount Cook was humbling, and the skies gave us the Milky Way ,the Southern Cross, and a few pulsing strands of the Aurora Australis--Antarctic's version of the Northern Lights.  Terry stayed up late one night, and woke in the middle of the next night to see a few glimpses of the lights--very rare for this time of year.  Even without the lights, the sky was magnificent--the lights were just some cosmic gravy for us.

So, we are back in Christchurch for the coming week, and then off again next weekend--no decisions yet on that.

But we are facing the need to add to my Vicodin stash.  My added pain and swelling has put me over the daily estimate of what the doctors calculated I would need, so if it keeps on this schedule, I will run out with about two weeks left here. So, I am calling on Team Mike to find a local pill mill in your town, and convince a sympathetic doctor that you need some Vicodin to take care of your "pain."  Hurt yourself if you need to--I don't care.   Be sure to specify that you need Vicodin ES 7.5-300.  No generics.  And know that I'll count them on arrival to make sure you didn't take a few off the top for yourself.

Once you score, please send them to "Jerry Garcia" at 2-50 Kirkwood Drive, Riccarton, Christchurch, NZ.  Like Team Mike has done so many times in the past, I know that you'll come through again.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment