Sunday, September 29, 2013

A few updates

This has been a busy week for some of the folks we've been following and reporting to you on.  The memorial services for Winnie Brown was yesterday.  It was nice event--she would have approved, no doubt.  That was followed by a reception at George's house for family and close friends.  Another nice event, but it was obvious that Winnie was badly missed--as she will be for any future gatherings.

Terry got word that Joy Hartsfield's surgery went well and that she is feeling the expected amount of pain--a lot.  The surgeon had clear margins to work with, so hopefully this will be the extent of her treatment.  Please send her some good vibes for a fast recovery.

As for me, the oral surgeon's office is trying to coordinate the schedules of the several doctors who will be part of the team to do the jaw resecting.  They are looking at April 21 or 28 right now.  My pain level has inched up a bit, meaning that the current fragment is moving its way to the surface, but there is no way to predict how long that will take.  I am trying to find a balance between the amount of pain meds I take and the amount of pain I can tolerate to get me through the day.  In order to be pain-free I would have to take a lot of the meds, but that makes me very tired.

On the bright side, I had a follow-up procedure to my cataract replacements of about a year ago.  They did a simple laser procedure to clean up some of the old lens that was left in to help the artificial lens stay in place.  They did the right eye on Friday.  The left eye will be done early in November.  I have already noticed a big improvement, so am looking forward to getting the left eye done.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment