Thursday, June 25, 2015

The countdown begins....

Imagine my surprise when I showed up this morning in Mike's room in ICU and he wasn't there?  Somebody forgot to give me a call....

Sometime around 10 last night he got word he was being released from ICU and they allowed him to walk about 40 yards to his new room before midnight.  Once he was all settled in his new room he had a really good night with much needed sleep.

Shortly after I arrived he was evaluated by speech and swallowing and was able to graduate to using a speaking cap on the trach and I was trained on how to clean the trach and given a refresher course on administering his drugs through his nasal tube. Before I left for the day, the cast was removed from his arm, the wound vac and remaining drain were also removed.  

The plan is for him to be released tomorrow as soon as I recieve a refresher course on boulous tube feeding and home healthcare is set up.

Yippee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment