Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gear up for Steve

My ORN buddy from CA has his jaw replacement surgery on this coming Tuesday.  Please pile up a lot of Good Vibes for Steve Nau and his wife Sandy, and keep them going until I get a sign that they are doing OK.  We were very scared going into my procedure in May and it turned out to be twice the struggle we were prepared for.  But with lots of help from Terry and Team Mike and visits from my many siblings, we have made it through.  Steve needs the same kind of support.

After staying on a plateau of sorts with the healing in my leg and foot I have made great progress in just the last 2-3 days.  My gait is almost even on both sides and the feelings of weakness are gone for the most part.  Just woke up one morning and had none of the creaks and stiffness in that area and have not used the brace since.

The left shoulder remains a problem, but that too is getting better.  I discovered a large knot in the trapezius muscle and have been massaging that regularly.  The knot is still there, but it seems to be loosening up a bit and I have more range of motion too.  I still can't reach to scratch the back of my neck, but I can now pick my nose with my left hand, so will call that excellent progress.

You define 'progress' your way, I'll do it my way.

Please keep Steve and Sandy in your thoughts next week.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment