Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Calling on Team Mike

After several weeks of uncertain scheduling, my debridement is on for this Thursday, March 22. The procedure itself is pretty simple and not very intrusive--the doctor will access the area directly, extract one tooth, scrape out any found dead bone, and apply some "liquid nails" to strengthen the remaining bone and promote healing. It's after that when I really need Team Mike to send your Good Vibes--to help that area heal properly, once and for all. The doctor says the success of this procedure should be known in 2-3 weeks. If it works, new gum tissue will grow in that area, my pain will diminish and go away, and it will fully heal gradually. If it doesn't work, the next step will be a resecting of my left mandible, which is a whole different procedure and lengthy recovery scenario that hurts by just describing it--so I won't. If the debridement is a "3" (out of 10), the resecting is a "9" on the pain + recovery time scale, with a long scar as my lasting souvenir.

I'll post after Thursday, but start banking those Good Vibes now and keep them going until the results are known. As always, thanks for your support for what's now been three years. I could not have made it this far without you.

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment