Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More "Wait and See"

I had an appointment with the oral surgeon today and the result is more "Wait and see" on my rate of healing from the ORN. Because the next two possible steps both involve complicated and painful surgery, she is going to give that area every chance to heal on its own. She did see some small signs of healing, but the rate is way behind what it should be, and I have developed another ulcer, this time on the right side of my mouth.

I am going to see one or two other doctors for their opinions before a decision is made to stay this course or move on to Plan B or Plan C. Looks like mid-January until another decision point is reached.

So, Team Mike's Good Vibes might have allowed me to turn a corner on this, but keep them coming--this is far from resolved.

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment